People who know me well would describe me as high energy. I like to work hard, and I like to utilize me time. I am a busy lady, with a lot on the go. Right now, my life is focused on balancing work, and being a full-time student. The balancing act can be stressful. Fortunately, I have HotShop Hot Yoga and Spin to help me burn off the nervous/stressful energy in a healthy, positive, and mood altering fashion. I teach spin at HotShop. The 45 minutes I spend leading a class are my 45 favourite minutes of the day.
I believe that spin classes are a fun and effective form of exercise perfect for all fitness levels. The beauty of spin class, besides the killer music, dance-inspired lights, and awesome instructor, is that you (the participant) are in control of your ride. When you’re on the bike, you control the intensity.
Spin classes train your cardiovascular fitness as well as muscle endurance. In class, I love spin for the cardio burn; post class I love spin for the muscle sculpting side effects. (Why hello flat abs!)
Before you spin, check your form!
Now that you have your form, here are a few reasons why I love spin:
- Stress Management: In spin class, we push past our aerobic training heart rate and into our anaerobic training zone. When we train in our anaerobic heart rate zone, we help our bodies in responding to stress. Learning to breathe in high-intensity intervals allows us to breath in other high-stress situations. (Like a fight with the boss).
- Calorie Burn: it’s easy to burn 700 (+) calories in a spin class. The caloric burn comes from the high-intensity training, strength training, and aerobic training. Spin is a great exercise to help you lean out.
- Muscle Toning: The combination of cardio and strength training in a spin class will melt away fat, and will help tone your legs and your arms.
- Flat-Abs: Spin is a full body exercise. When you focus on proper form, you will recruit and engage your core muscles. After 45 minutes on the bike, my core is exhausted.
- The Energy: Spin class is the next best thing to hitting the town and dancing the night away with your friends. Between the music, the lights, the guaranteed sweet, and a room full of friends you’ll find spin is one heck of a good party.