BEAUTY: Smok’n Eye
Posted on December 12, 2012
A sexy, smoldering stare is pretty much the makeup equivalent of a little black dress. Rev up the look of a black smoky eye with dramatic shapes and color saturations. Try bold geometric smoky wings.
For a perfect smoky eye look:
- Start by preparing the eye with a primer and concealer. The concealer will help intensify the dramatics of the makeup.
- Gently line and smudge the top and bottom rims of your eye with a charcoal eye pencil. (Line from the midline of your eye out to the outside corner). I like to use Scotch tape as a guide to ensure my eyeliner wings are even.
- Apply a dark shadow with a smudge brush or sponge tip applicator directly over the eyeliner.
- Apply a neutral tone light eye shadow with a large eye shadow brush. Use a wet brush to make the color pop. The light eye shadow should be concentrated in the inner corner of your eye for maximum intensity.
- Curl your lashes, and apply mascara.
- Using a clean makeup brush gently brush away any extra or misplaced eye shadow.
- For extra dramatics apply amp up the mascara and dark eye shadow.