EAT: Roasted Cumin & Lime Spring Veggies
Posted on April 20, 2014
Roasted Cumin & Lime Spring Veggies
Easter is a celebration of life and of spring. As a vegetarian family feasts can be difficult because to much of my family, holiday dinners means a roast meat of some sort. As a vegetarian, I know the importance of playing with flavour and of incorporating spice into side dishes as well as mains. This Spring inspired roasted veggie dish is the perfect addition to any traditional (or non-traditional) family feast, The veggies has a sweet and fresh flavour that complements the greater meal.
Plus carrots are rich in beta carotene, a skin and beauty enhancing mineral; asparagus helps the body flush out toxins to promote a healthy life.
Serving Size: serves 4
- 16 oz. baby carrots with fresh green tops
- 16 oz. asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced and zest
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Small handful fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Was and trim the asparagus and the carrots.
- In a large baking dish combine the baby carrots, the asparagus, olive oil, lime juice and zest, agave, salt and spices.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the veggies are beginning to soften.
- Let the veggies cool, and transfer to a serving dish.
- Sprinkle with the green onions and the mint leaves.