EAT: Dad’s Favourite Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
Posted on June 15, 2014
I love peanut butter cookies, they’re delicious and go so well with a big glass of almond milk. In my family, I often get teased for my vegan ways. My mother’s believes that I need to be “less vegetarian,” and the boys joke that all I eat is rabbit food.
I love cooking and baking for my family, because it allows be to prove them wrong. Vegan food is delicious! These peanut butter cookies, are my go to recipe for making a point. They’re vegan, gluten-free and taste incredible.
The boys in my family will eat the whole batch before stopping to think that a “vegan” made the cookies.
Dad’s Favourite Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup organic peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla powder
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. sea-salt
- ¼ cup almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 F
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut sugar and the peanut butter. Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the vanilla powder, and stir well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the oat flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly fold in the dry mix to the peanut butter batter. Stir until a crummy cookie dough forms.
- Add in the almond milk, and stir to combine.
- Line two cookie trays with parchment paper (or grease them with coconut oil).
- Roll the cookie dough into little balls (about 1 large tablespoon per ball).
- Drop the peanut butter balls on the cookie tray and flatten with a fork (for the crisscross).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (or until the edges start to golden).
- Let cool, and enjoy!!